Hello! Following Tuesday’s announcement, we just wanted to let you know we are still here, operating normally, and welcoming all the usual enquiries, phone calls, information requests, and anything else we can help you with.
It’s been a while since we gave an overview of who we are and what we do so we thought we would reintroduce ourselves.
We are Neuroendocrine Cancer UK – a UK wide registered charity solely dedicated to providing support and information to those affected by Neuroendocrine Cancer. We act as patient advocates, work with healthcare professionals and health policy makers, to promote access to the best care and treatments, increase awareness, encourage and support clinical research and ultimately aim to improve patient experience and outcomes.
From diagnosis, through treatment(s) and beyond, our team and services are here to offer expert-endorsed guidance, support, education, and information to anyone affected by Neuroendocrine Cancer.
Our services include:
• A dedicated freephone nurse helpline – 0800 434 6476
• Local and online NCUK Natter© support groups
• Facebook groups for patients and supporters
• Patient education events
• A dedicated counselling service, free to patients and carers
• Advocacy – raising and supporting the community’s voice with policy and decision makers
• Provision of patient information resources on our website, to hospitals and cancer support organisations
• Research – we undertake in-house research as well as supporting external clinical trials.
Our central team consists of five operational staff members and two counsellors:
Cathy Bouvier – Chief Executive Officer
Nikie Jervis – Information and Support Nurse Specialist
Leanne Talbot – Operations Manager
Clare Gerrard – Marketing and Communications Officer
Famida Bishop – Administration Assistant
Kym Winter – Founder and Director of NCUK Counselling and Psychotherapist Service
David Phipps – Associate Counsellor
In addition on our central team, Professor Martyn Caplin is our Patron and we have a supportive team of Trustees, and Patient Ambassadors who work alongside us and help promote our work and undertake NCUK responsibilities for us.
Our team and services are here to offer expert-endorsed guidance, support, education, and information to anyone affected by Neuroendocrine Cancer.
If we can help you in anyway, please get in touch.