Organise your own event
A great way to get friends together and raise money for charity.
Organising your own charity fundraising event is the perfect way to help raise money for NCUK. You can do it in your own time, on a date that suits you and in your own way!
Fundraising ideas to inspire you…
Organise a sponsored charity event – think football tournaments, swims, cycling or rambling. A Zumbathon… or if you’re feeling brave enough a head shave!
Organise an auction or raffle at your community group, work or school
Hold a face-to-face or virtual charity bingo or quiz night
Pull all the stops out and organise an evening fundraising event, such as a dinner dance, concert or black tie ball
Bake cakes and take them into your place of work in exchange for a donation
Organise a dress down day or a fancy dress day at school or work
- Feeling creative? You could make your own greeting cards, clothing or artwork and sell to raise funds!
Register your fundraiser
Once you’ve decided on your fundraising event complete our fundraiser form to register your challenge and order our free fundraising merchandise.
Create an online fundraising page
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are great ways to let people know about your fundraising. Post on Facebook, tweet about it and always include a link to your online fundraising page.
Did you know that many companies will match what you raise!!! So find out if your employer does Matched Giving!
Boost your online fundraising…
Set a fundraising target and keep increasing it! Pages with targets generally raise significantly more than pages without one
- Tell people why you’re fundraising for NCUK and why it is important to you. Add a picture of yourself or the person that inspired you to take on your event to make your page more personal
- Reach as many people as possible Email or WhatsApp a link to your page to all your contacts
- Update your page and let everyone know how you’re doing. Share your updates on social media too
- Thank everyone! Post a thank you message on social media, this will inspire others to donate too.
NCUK Logo & Permission Letters
When you promote your fundraiser, make sure you make clear that you are fundraising for Neuroendocrine Cancer UK. Our Registered Charity No. is 1092386.
If you’d like to use our logo then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this. We can also provide letters, should you need written evidence that you are fundraising for us.
Keep it legal and safe
- First Aid – You can get advice about what type of First Aid you might need at your event by contacting a professional medical company: St John’s Ambulance or The British Red Cross
- Food hygiene – Find out more about guidelines for preparing, handing and cooking food by contacting the Food Standards Agency
- Licenses – Some events such as; raffles, lotteries and public money collections require a license. Contact your local authority to check which licences you will need
- Children at your event – Make sure children are properly looked after and have permission to take part from a parent or guardian. Adults looking after children should have carried out appropriate checks
- Data protection – Make sure any electronic or paper records you keep about people involved in a fundraising event complies with the Data Protection Act
- Stay safe! – Adhere to Government guidance and social distancing rules.
Neuroendocrine Cancer UK is a UK wide charity solely dedicated to providing support and information to those affected by Neuroendocrine Cancer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter to stay update with our latest news.