Find a Clinical Trial
Access to Clinical Trials
Are you interested in finding a clinical trial suitable for you?
If the answer is yes, we are delighted to signpost you to our partnership with RareCan.
We know how hard it can be to find clinical trials, work out whether or not any particular trial might be suitable for you, and then get in contact with the appropriate trial site. RareCan offers a free service, supporting you through this process.
RareCan is a one stop shop ‘Trial Navigator’ service, providing:
- A personalised service for rare cancer patients
- Screening them against all the cancer treatment trials in the UK
- Supporting them to get referred to a clinical trial.
How does it work?
- Join RareCan – Click the button below to register with RareCan. Share as much information as you can about your cancer.
- Get expert support – Once you have submitted your registration form, you will receive an email from the RareCan team asking you to set up a call with them at a time that is convenient to you. Initial calls usually last 20 – 30 minutes to better understand your situation, diagnosis and treatment. The team will then work to assess your eligibility for any treatment trial running in the UK. This may be an iterative process taking 2-3 weeks.
- Receive bespoke report – RareCan will provide you with a comprehensive report detailing the trials RareCan believes you are suitable for and why. They will also provide information on any trials that were excluded and the reasons behind this. You can share this with your medical team when you are discussing your treatment options.
- Keep in touch – Stay in touch with RareCan in case things change. RareCan will get in touch if new trials open that might be suitable for you.
If you would like to find out more before joining, visit the RareCan website or to speak to a member of the RareCan membership engagement team, please call 0191 249 8555.