World Neuroendocrine Cancer Day
World Neuroendocrine Cancer Day is an annual event that occurs on November 10th. This global initiative provides an opportunity for people worldwide who have been impacted by neuroendocrine cancer to come together on a dedicated day, raise awareness, and share important messages that benefit the entire community.
The day is organised by the International Neuroendocrine Cancer Alliance (INCA), and it’s known as ‘NET Cancer Day’ within the INCA community.
World Neuroendocrine Cancer Day 2023
Why is World Neuroendocrine Cancer Day Important?
Neuroendocrine cancer is more common than you might think, surpassing the incidence of brain, ovarian, or cervical cancer. However, it is often overlooked or misdiagnosed. Early diagnosis is crucial for better outcomes, yet globally, it takes an average of 5 years from initial symptoms to actual diagnosis. This delay results in 46% of patients having advanced-stage neuroendocrine cancer at diagnosis, making a cure less likely.
How Can You Help?
We need your support to change these statistics. By raising awareness and encouraging earlier diagnosis, we can make a significant difference. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Spread the Word: Share information about neuroendocrine cancer with your friends, family, and colleagues. Knowledge is a powerful tool in the fight against this disease.
- Use the INCA Resources: International Neuroendocrine Cancer Alliance (INCA) has provided various resources to help you spread awareness:
- Campaign Banners: Share the campaign banners (available in 11 different languages) on social media.
- Campaign Animation Video: Share the INCA video to engage your followers.
- NC Patients’ Stories: Visit INCA’s website to read about patients’ experiences.
- Global NET Patient Information Pack: Download factsheets in 11 languages to promote awareness
4. Share our official World Neuroendocrine Cancer Day video.
Why Support World Neuroendocrine Cancer Day?
This annual event, coordinated by the International Neuroendocrine Cancer Alliance (INCA), aims to provide a voice to the neuroendocrine cancer community for improved diagnostics, treatments, information, care, and research. It’s been celebrated for over a decade and is the global voice for patients with neuroendocrine cancer and genetic NETs.
Let’s come together with the public and healthcare professionals to ensure that neuroendocrine cancer is no longer “easily missed.” By raising awareness, we can improve the time to diagnosis and patient outcomes, filling the gaps in diagnosis, care, and research.
Join us in making a difference on World Neuroendocrine Cancer Day. Together, we can raise awareness and ensure this uncommon cancer is no longer overlooked.
For more information and resources, please visit the INCA website.
Thank you for your support in spreading awareness and positively impacting the fight against neuroendocrine cancer.
INCA is the global voice for Neuroendocrine Cancer patients and carers with a mission to: raise awareness about all types of Neuroendocrine Cancer; push for scientific advancements with a focus on identified unmet needs; and to provide a platform for global collaboration to address the many challenges Neuroendocrine Cancer patients and the medical community face, in securing a timely diagnosis and accessing optimal treatment, support and care.
INCA represents 26 member organisations from 22 countries located around the globe.