NET Patient Foundation Research Abstracts
NPF and NCRAS Public Health England partnership project has been compiling statistics on the incidence, prevalence and survival of NET patients in England using English cancer registry data, with an aim to also access Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish cancer registry data to also get UK wide statistics.
We carried out four pieces of research in 2017, abstracts for which can be found below:
- The Incidence and Prevalence of Neuroendocrine Tumours in England.
- The 1- year survival rates for Neuroendocrine tumour patients in England.
- Metachronus primary cancers in Neuroendocrine tumour patients.
- Neuroendocrine Tumour patients experiences of support in the community setting across the treatment trajectory.
Presenting symptoms and delay in diagnosis of gastrointestinal and pancreatic Neuroendocrine tumours
Ileocolonic neuroendocrine tumours identified in the English bowel cancer screening programme
Self-reported side effects in neuroendocrine tumour (NET) patients prescribed somatostatin analogues – the role for specialist dietitians and nurses
- Assess what symptoms/side effects patients report on SSA’s.
- Assess the severity of symptoms/side effects reported by patients whilst on SSA’s.
- Produce recommendations on how to deal with symptoms commonly experienced by patients on SSA’s.
This study has been accepted to be published in the British Journal of Nursing.
Raising awareness of Cancers of the Pancreas - choosing wording advisedly - because not all cancers are the same. Awareness-raising seeks to inform and educate people - bringing an issue or subject to the awareness - of a specific group of people or the wider...
NOVEMBER 2023 27 November 2023 - - Lorry driver Alex Watson from Tunbridge Wells credits a rare, symptomless tumour for saving his life, as it led to the early detection of neuroendocrine cancer in his pancreas. Initially misdiagnosed with allergies, Alex's condition...
🚨 Trigger Warning: This episode discusses death and may be upsetting to some listeners. Join us for a special one-off podcast, narrated by our Specialist Nurse, Nikie, as we celebrate the life of Andrew. Faye, Andrew's wife, beautifully shares their journey, filled...